We are blessed to have many dedicated volunteers helping to share the work of Rescue. Professional people, teachers, homemakers, retired persons and teenagers have a place at the Mission. Youth Groups and Sunday School Classes even help us on work days. Ladies are welcome to join our Ladies Auxiliary to explore additional volunteer opportunities.
If you would like to learn more about volunteering for these activities or take a tour of the Mission Please contact Kathy Jones at (717) 812-1692 or contact the YRM office at (717) 845-7662.
In the year 2011, more than 3,624 volunteers have logged in 24,391 hours!!
The following is a list of activities in which volunteers are constantly needed:
- Mentor men and women in our recovery programs.
- Supply and/or prepare a meal at our Women & Children's Emergency Shelter.
- Make at home and supply pancakes or french toast for our Women & Children's Emergency Shelter.
- Sing or play an instrument in the Chapel/Dining hall over lunch time or during one of our evening services.
- Prayer Support for our clients, programs and staff.
- Sponsor a Friday "game nite" or "craft nite" at the Women & Children's Shelter.
- Ladies Auxiliary
- Seasonal Volunteer Opportunities (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter).
- Organize a "paper drive" (collecting paper towels, tissues, toilet paper, paper plates and cups).
- Organize a "hygiene drive" (collecting combs, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deoderant, soaps, etc.)
- Contact us for more opportunities!
We are also in need of volunteers to help in programs at our Lighthouse Youth Center:
During the School Year:
During the Summer Months:
- After School Club Assistant - 30 children, grades 1-5, 3:00 pm. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday (min. age of 16 required)
- Evening Jr & Sr High Program Aide - 20-60 teens, grades 6-12, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., Monday - Friday (min. age of 21 required)
- Day Camp Counselor Assistant - 200 young people divided into 3 age groups: Grades 1-3, 4-5, 6-8, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday ( min. age of 21 required)
- Resident Camp Counselor Assitant - 1 cabin of 10 boys or girls, Grades 1-6, 1 week in July (min. age of 21 required)