The Women's Ministry
Mission Statement: The Women's Ministries is a Christ-based program teaching the principles and truths of the Bible and to offer support for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of all the women and their children who come to us for assistance.
- Women & Children's Shelter: An emergency shelter for women and their children who are homeless for various reasons. The shelter provides: food, shelter, clothing, counseling and advice on case management.
- Fresh Start Program: A 30 day program to help all women, particularly those serving their probation through the drug court of the York County Criminal Justice system. It is also intended to help women interested in the New Creation Bridge Housing Program.
- New Creation Bridge Housing Program: A long-term transitional housing program designed to offer support services for single women and mothers. This will give them time to make the adjustment from supportive to interdependent living. They are given the opportunity to stabilize their financial futures and become healthy self-supporting members of the community. This program provides a time for personal growth in their faith in Christ; build relationships within the Christian community; and learn to love themselves as Christ loves them.
Pam Billet, Women's Director
Women & Children's Shelter - 17 Jefferson Avenue, York, PA
New Creation Bridge Housing - 27 Jefferson Avenue, York, PA
2014 Women's Ministries Report
- 1,175 Total Persons in Shelter
- 608 Women
- 197 Mothers
- 370 Children
- 15,002 Women/Children Total Days
- 16,776 Total Meals
- 250 Bus Passes
- 70 Personal Care Packets
- 10 Children's Packets
- 32 Bibles
- 3,796 Attendance at Bible Studies